Method Statement For The Installation Of Power and Lighting System Wiring:
1. Introduction and Scope
This method of statement specifies the detailed requirements and procedures for the installation of Power and Lighting System Wiring.
2. Applicable Project Specification
Section: Cables and wiring
Sub Division: Subdivision
3. Location of Activity
Power and lighting system for the whole building
- Material: Material used will be as approved by the engineer. The sizes and routes routing will be as per the approved shop drawing.
- Storage and Protection: Deliver components parts to site, completely identified in accordance with shop and certified drawings prepared for this work. Store in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, above ground, properly protected from the weather and construction activities.
- No wiring be carried out until the appropriate tests required or in the electrical testing section have been done and the consultant has given his clearance for wiring to commence.
- A loop in form of wiring shall be used as far as practicable or unless otherwise indicated. Joints in conductors shall be made using insulated terminal blocks complying with requirements of this specification.
- At expansion joints adequate slack shall be left in the cable.
- Where conduits are installed for wiring by others, a draw wire shall be provided between each draw in position.
- Where three-phase circuits comprising single-core cables are installed in trunking, all cables of a shall be tied together at intervals not exceeding 200mm.
- Cables forming part of alarm, control, communication or monitoring circuits shall have identification sleeves at their terminations. Identification shall be consistent with the relevant wiring diagrams.
- To ensure that all the preparation and application works are carried out according to the Contract Specification and with the approved drawings.
- To ensure that the progressing of work is carried out according to the planned program and as per the approved method of statement.
- To ensure that all the equipment and materials required to execute the work are available according to the planned construction program.
- To co –ordinate with the Main contractor, MEP Coordinator and Safety Officer, for a safe and proper execution of the works.
- To ensure that the works are carried out according to the Contract Specifications, approved method statement and the shop drawings.
- To provide all necessary information and distribute responsibilities to his construction team.
- To monitor the progress of work in relation with the work program and to report to the Project Manager.
- To co-ordinate with the safety officer and to ensure that the works are carried out in safe practising methods.
- The foreman will carry out his duties by maintaining continuous coordination with the site engineer on daily basis, and ensure proper distribution of the workforce in the required and planned locations.
- To ensure that his assistant foreman/ charge hand are aware of the job requirements and they have enough information to carry out their duties properly.
- To ensure in consultation with the site engineer that the manpower involved in the works are moving as agreed and planned for the work.
- To ensure that the daily work is progressing as planned and advise the site engineer of any requirement for additional resources. To control disposal of waste materials according to the instructions received from the site engineer.
- To ensure full coordination with the safety officer to maintain safe working and proper house keeping of the site, following the approved safety measures and further ensure that all his working team are aware of the same to prevent accident and losses.
- To inform the site engineer and of the areas ready for inspection.
- Distribution and the control of material shall be monitored by foreman and store keeper.
6. Equipment Requirements
The requirements that will be engaged for Power and lighting System Wiring works will be as follows:
- Measuring tape
- Cutting plier
- Box spanner set
- Bending spring
- Pipe Wrench
- Drilling Machine
- Crimping tool
- Crew driver
- Pulling spring
- Common tools
7. Health and Safety
Strictly followed as per the manufacturer’s Health and Safety recommendations for handling and use of the materials. Ensure all involved personnel shall be aware of the same.
8.Inspection and Test Plan for the installation of Power and Lighting System Wiring
|ITP Clause No.||Inspection Description||Type of Inspection||Reference Document||Testing Requirement/ Acceptance Criteria||Verifying / Control Data Forms|
|1||Design and Drawings||Review of Documents||Design Drawings||All the Drawings||Design Drawings, Authorities Departments Requirements|
|2||Material Approval||Review of Documents||Approved Drawing, Specification||Should be as per the approved drawing and Specification||Documents Submittal|
|3||Check the conduits and trunking are cleared before wiring||Visual and Puling spring||Approved Method Statement||No damages, proper moving of the wiring, material should have minimum status of - No Objection with comments (2)||Approved Drawing Method Statement|
|4||Raise inspection request||Visual Measurement instrument||Approved Drawings||NO obstructions height, Proper position||Approved Drawings|