Why pay more when you can get the same medicine at much lesser price? Avail the benefit at Jan Aushadhi Stores! Jan Aushadhi Stores is a chain of medical stores initiated by the Central Govt. to offer quality medicines at much cheaper prices. Currently most of the Indian states have presence of the Jan Aushadhi Medical Stores, strive to reach every important nook of villages, towns and cities.
1. Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Medical Store
In order to make quality medicines available at affordable prices, the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Government of India, has launched the Jan Aushadhi Scheme under which generic medicines are to be made available through special outlets known as "Jan Aushadhi Generic Drug Stores". The scheme is being operated by the Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India (BPPI). Presently, there are thousands of Jan Aushadhi Stores in various States in the country.
"Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi" is a campaign launched by the Department of Pharmaceuticals in association with Central Pharma Public Sector Undertakings (CPSU), to provide quality medicines at affordable prices to the masses through dedicated outlets called 'Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendra'. These provide generic medicines at much lesser price. The potency of these medicines are same as compared to expensive branded medicines available in the open market.
2. Quality, Safety and Efficacy of Jan Aushadhi Generic Medicines / Drugs
The generic drugs have same efficacy and therapeutic value as that of the branded medicines. Hence, the quality, safety and efficacy of Jan Aushadhi medicines are ensured by getting each batch of medicines procured from CPSU as well as private suppliers tested from NABL approved laboratories and conforming to the required standards before the same are supplied to Super stockists / Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Kendras from the warehouse of BPPI.
3. Benefits of Using Jan Aushadhi Drugs / Medicines
By taking generic medicines, a patient can reduce cost on medicines drastically without loosing its quality.
4. Medicines Available from Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendras
All therapeutic medicines are availble at Jan Aushadhi Medical Stores. A list of Jan Aushadhi Generic medicines with their MRP which are presently available are given under the heading PMBJP Products.
5. Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendras, Their Locations, and Timings
More than 4100 are currently functional and adding more to every month. List of State-wise / District-wise PMBJK along with their locations are available under the heading PMBJP.
8 Am to 8 PM is the normal working time of all Jan Aushadhi Stores.
6. Opprtunity of Opening a Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendras
- Any NGO / Institution / Co-operative Society identified by State Governments and free space provided in the premises of Government Hospital by the State Governments.
- Any NGO / Society / Trust / Institution / Self Health Group having experience of operation in welfare activities for 3 years and having space and financial capacity.
- Any individual including un-employed pharmacist / medical practitioner having space and financial capacity.
6.1. Requirements for Opening a Jan Aushadhi Kendras by Organization / Individual
- Own space or hired space duly supported by proper lease agreement; Minimum required space conforming to standards as approved by the BPPI i.e. 120 sq. ft.
- Sale license from competent authority (Retail drug license in the name of the applicant and/or Tin No.).
- Proof of securing a pharmacist with computer knowledge (name of the pharmacist, Registration with the State Council etc. needs to be furnished ).
- Financial capacity to run the Store supported by audited accounts for the last three years (Bank Statements for the last 03 years or sanction letter from Bank for extending loan in case of individuals).
- Drug License in name of Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendras.
6.2. Procedure for Opening a Jan Aushadhi Kendras
Detailed guidelines and procedure are available on official Jan Aushadhi Website. It has all necessary instructions, online and offline methods and links.
6.3. Incentives Available to Owner of Jan Aushadhi Kendra
- Operating agency will be provided 20% margin on MRP (Excluding taxes) of each drug.
- BPPI will provide one-time financial assistance upto Rs. 2.50 lakh as per details given below where space is provided free by State Govt in Government Hospital premises:
- Rs. 1 lakh reimbursement of furniture and fixtures.
- Rs. 1 lakh by way of free medicines in the beginning.
- Rs. 0.50 lakh as reimbursement for computer, internet, printer, etc.
- JAS that are linked with BPPI headquarters through internet (using BPPI provided software) will get incentive upto Rs. 1.5 lakhs. This will be given @ 10% of monthly sales subject to a ceiling of Rs. 10,000/- per month upto total limit of Rs.1.5 lakhs.
- In NE states, and naxal affected areas, tribal areas, the rate of incentive will be 15% and subject to monthly ceiling of Rs.15, 000/-upto total limits of Rs. 1.5 lakhs
6.4. Submission of Opening Jan Aushadhi Kendra (PMBJK) Application
- Online: Online submission can be done by visiting official Jan Aushadhi Website. Read all the relevant instructions prior submitting your credentials.
- Offline: If it is offline submission, forward your filled in application form to: The CEO, Bureau of Pharma Public Sector Undertakings of India (BPPI), IDPL Corporate Office Complex, Old Delhi Gurgaon Road, Dundahera, Gurgaon – 122016 (Haryana).
Note on offline submission: Envelope should be clearly marked with “APPLICATION FOR NEW PMBJK”
6.5. Documents Required to Start Jan Aushadhi Kendra
Following are the list of documents required to be attached with Application:
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan card
6.5.2. Institutions / NGO / Charitable Institute / Hospital etc.
- Aadhaar Card
- Pan card
- Certificate for Incorporation
- Registration certificate
6.5.3. Government / Govt Nominated Agency
- Details of Department who has allocated the space, along with supporting documents / sanction order
- Pan card
- Aadhaar Card