OCI Card Registration for Conversion of PIO Card to OCI Card is an online process. OCI Applicants who are having valid PIO Cards may apply from here. Only after complete successful registration, an applicant will be considered as an OCI Card Applicant (In Lieu of PIO-Card).
Before You Start Online Application for Converting PIO Cards to OCI Cards
- Check your eligibility before you start your registration.
- If you are an existing valid PIO Card Holder, kindly register through OCI Registration (In Lieu Of Valid PIO-Card).
- If you are an PIO Card Holder and card is in lost state, kindly register through OCI Registration (In Lieu Of Lost PIO-Card).
- To reprint your already registered application, kindly use Re-Print Submitted Application service.
- Bureau of Immigration (BoI) was accepting PIO cards as valid travel document till 30th September, 2019 along with valid foreign passport.
- In case of urgent travel, applicants may apply for appropriate visa.
- Kindly be ready with Applicant's image and Applicant's signature image (Max size 500kb).
- The height and width of the Applicant Photo must be equal.
- The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 200 pixels (height).
- The maximum dimensions are 1500 pixels (width) x 1500 pixels (height).
- The height and width of the Signature Photo must have aspect ratio 1:3.
- The minimum dimensions are 200 pixels (width) x 67 pixels (height).
- The maximum dimensions are 1500 pixels (width) x 500 pixels (height).
- Kindly be ready with supporting documents in PDF format (Max size 1000kb).
- After submission of online application, a copy of the application form will be printed with an Online Registration Number.
- Application form, complete in all respects, along with all relevant enclosures and requisite fee may be submitted to the Indian Mission / Post Office in whose jurisdiction the applicant is ordinarily residing irrespective of the fact whether the same Indian Mission / Post Office has issued the original OCI documents or not.
- Complete Part-B of the registration process.
- Documents supporting your application are to be uploaded in PDF format at the end of Part-B.