Standard Commercial Products for External / Exterior / Outdoor Lighting System to be chosen as per the design requirement specified in the project documents including recommended and approved list of manufacturers.
Standard Commercial Product for Lighting Columns
Construction: Columns are to be circular section, tapered, formed sheet steel, powder paint coating finish (color to be approved by the Engineer), electrically welded, and of height specified. Columns up to 12 m height are to be one-piece section. Columns above 12 m and up to 20 m height may be supplied in two-piece sections, of the slip joint type with sufficient overlap to ensure correct vertical alignment of column after assembly. Columns are to have minimum wall thickness of 3 mm at base. Sheet steel is to have minimum rupturing resistance of 37 kg/mm2 and minimum yield strength of 24 kg/mm2.
Top of column is to be designed to receive single or double arm brackets or other arrangement required, supporting number of luminaires shown on the Drawings. Bracket arrangement is to be designed to ensure that failure, due to wind induced oscillations, does not occur and that rotation from desired alignment is not possible.
Column Design: Column cross-section, thickness of steel, joints, welds, bolts etc. are to be designed to withstand gust wind velocity of 160 km/hr blowing in the most unfavorable direction at a height 10 m above ground level, with column fully equipped. Fatigue of steel is in no case to exceed half elasticity limit, taking into account dynamic stresses due to vibrations. Steel flange plate, of adequate thickness, is to be solidly welded onto lower edge of column as shown on the Drawings, and is to have specified number of holes for holding down bolts together with central cable access hole not less than 150 mm diameter.
Access Door: Access door of weatherproof construction, with non-degradable heat resistant rubber gasket, is to be positioned at column base and is to be suitably sized to insert and service the supply cable terminations and protective device. Door is to be flush fitting with retaining mechanism and positive locking arrangement with removable hexagonal key. Column is to be reinforced at door opening. Opposite each door, a non-hygroscopic baseboard of suitable size to accept appropriate equipment is to be fixed to inside of column by purpose-made brackets. Steel earthing stud with washers and nuts is to be welded inside the column near the access door.
Finish: Columns shall have an external powder paint coating (color to be approved by the Engineer). Welds are to be smooth with spatter removed, inside and outside surfaces of column are to be cleaned by pickling or blasting and are to be free of grease. Steel components of columns to be hot-dip galvanized after fabrication. Minimum thickness of zinc coating is to be 500 g/m2 on both inside and outside surfaces of column. Galvanizing is to be to NFT 91 121 (June 1958) or BS EN SO 1461. Any damage to galvanizing is to be rectified during erection by wire brushing affected area and treating with approved rust converter to the satisfaction of the Engineer. Flange plate and inside and outside of column base are to be coated with heavy bitumen paint prior to erection.
Protection and Wiring: Columns with 1 or 2 luminaires are to be connected over 1 phase and neutral. Columns with 3 or more luminaires are to be connected over 3 phases and neutral, unless otherwise shown on the Drawings.
- IP rated "cut-out" weatherproof enclosure box to be provided at base of pole containing MCB and cable terminations. Fixing/holding screws shall be captive type.
- Bolted terminals and cable lugs are to be provided with 3 phases and neutral terminals, for incoming and outgoing 3 phase 4-wire cable, and of the sizes shown on the Drawings.
- Terminal blocks shall be high temperature, non-inflammable, non-toxic material with high quality fixing screws. Individual terminals for ach termination.
- 1 circuit breaker, single pole 6 A is to be provided for each phase leading to a luminaire.
- Circuit breakers are to be compensated and rated for 50 deg. C (122 deg. F) ambient with interrupting capacity of at least 9 kA.
- Wiring is to be PVC insulated 3 core or 4 core, heat resistant type to 105 deg. C (221 deg. F) conductor temperature.
- Cable is to be at least 4 mm' stranded, tinned, annealed, electrolytic copper conductor.
Standard Commercial Product for Road Lighting Luminaires
Construction: Totally enclosed, dust protected and splash proof, conforming to at least JP 65 of IEC 60529, shock resistant and specially designed to house required lamps, electrical gear and accessories. Body is to be corrosion resistant, extruded, pressure die-cast or fabricated aluminium alloy with an external white powder coat finish.
Finish: Exposed metal parts of luminaires are to be factory finished, stove enamelled, with suitable corrosion resisting U.V resistant paint capable of resisting heat emitted by lamp during continuous operation, and under full sunlight conditions. Final color to be approved by the Engineer.
Mirror Reflectors: 99.5 percent purity, glazed and anodized aluminium or die-cast, super purity aluminium vapour-deposited, and coated with transparent layer of silicon protection against scratches during cleaning and wiping.
Luminaire Protectors: Heat tempered and shock resistant glass, mounted into suitable frame assembly fixed to body by captive screws, and secured by extra safety clamps to allow replacement of protector and reflector. Ozone resistant ethylene propylene or approved equivalent rubber/ silicon, gasket of non-deteriorating type, securely held in place is to ensure sealing of the front glass.
Lamp Sockets: High-grade porcelain, mounted in support brackets. Lamp support and locking system are to grip and prevent lamp movement in operation.
Ballast and Control-gears: Ballast and control-gear are to be mounted within luminaire body in separate compartment isolated from lamp, and with enclosed terminal blocks fitted with quick-disconnect electrical leads. Terminal block to be either porcelain or certified, high temperature type. Where required, control gear is to be contained in the pre-wired box, having an enclosure of IP 65, and mounted on luminaire ring separately from luminaires. Control gear is to be plug in type for operation at 230V, a.c. single phase, 50Hz. Ballast is to be specially selected for particular type of lamps used, and lamps are to be able to start with at least +/-10 percent variation of nominal voltage and continue in normal operation with dips attaining 20 percent for four seconds.
Control gear losses are not to exceed 10 percent of normal lamp wattage. RFI suppression device is to be provided. Power factor is to be compensated to at least 0.9 lagging. Control gear shall be certified suitable for operating at +50 deg. C (122 deg. F).
Terminal Blocks: Suitable screw-tunnel type clearly marked with arrangement to facilitate maintenance, quick replacement and easy disconnection of individual components. Material shall be porcelain or certified, high temperature, non-toxic synthetic.
Lamps: Number and types shown on the Drawings and as described in concerned Section of the Specification.
Label: All fixtures shall be clearly labelled by manufacturer, clearly stating make, model and country of manufacture.
Internal Wiring: All internal wiring shall be with stranded, tinned, annealed, electrolytic copper, high quality heat resistant insulation to 105 deg. Celsius.
Standard Commercial Product for Fluorescent Lighting Fixtures
- Fluorescent lighting fixtures for outdoor usage shall have metal body with heat tempered prismatic glass cover, fixed with stainless steel toggles /clamps and IP 65 rated.
- Fixtures shall have white powder coated paint finish, certified suitable for the outdoor weather conditions of the project.
- They shall be provided with heat resistant, non-degradable rubber gaskets held firmly in place.
- They shall be provided with conventional control gear, with r.f. Suppression and pf Improvement capacitors.
- The fixtures shall shall be certified by manufacturer, to be suitable for operation m an ambient of +55 deg. C.
- The technical specifications for these fixtures shall be similar to that of the interior fluorescent fixtures, except as stated above.